By Heather Margaret-Louise Miller
Read or Download Archaeological Approaches to Technology PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
This e-book files the expansion of telegraphy over centuries, depicting the discoveries and ingenuity of the experimenters and engineers concerned, the apparatus they designed and outfitted, and the organization, purposes and results on society.
Clients became a vital part of know-how experiences. The essays during this quantity examine the inventive means of clients to form know-how in all levels, from layout to implementation. utilizing a number of theoretical ways, together with a feminist concentrate on clients and use (in position of the conventional emphasis on males and machines), suggestions from semiotics, and the cultural stories view of intake as a cultural job, those essays study what clients do with expertise and, in flip, what expertise does to clients.
During this e-book, Richard W. Bulliet makes a speciality of 3 significant levels within the evolution of the wheel and their courting to the wishes and pursuits of human society. He starts off in 4000 B. C. E. with the 1st wheels affixed to axles. He then follows with the innovation of wheels turning independently on their axles and concludes 5 thousand years later with the caster, a unmarried rotating and pivoting wheel.
They're all here--every X-bomber and X-fighter because 1942. On October 2, 1942, the Bell XP-59 Airacomet soared up and clear of present-day Edwards AFB, launching the united states military Air Forces into the Jet Age. within the numerous a long time on account that, 1000s of recent adaptations of experimental and try turbojet-powered bombers and fighters--X-bombers and X-fighters--have taken explosive flight.
- DDT and the American Century: Global Health, Environmental Politics, and the Pesticide That Changed the World (The Luther H. Hodges Jr. and Luther H. Hodges ... Entrepreneurship, and Public Policy)
- Dixie Highway: Road Building and the Making of the Modern South, 1900-1930
- World Brain
- Rethinking Media Change: The Aesthetics of Transition (Media in Transition)
- Shrimp: The Endless Quest for Pink Gold (FT Press Science)
- US Hypersonic Research and Development: The Rise and Fall of 'Dyna-Soar', 1944-1963 (Space Power and Politics)
Extra info for Archaeological Approaches to Technology
Archaeological Approaches to Technology by Heather Margaret-Louise Miller