By Kate Eichhorn
Read Online or Download Adjusted Margin: Xerography, Art, and Activism in the Late Twentieth Century (MIT Press) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
This e-book files the expansion of telegraphy over centuries, depicting the discoveries and ingenuity of the experimenters and engineers concerned, the gear they designed and outfitted, and the supplier, functions and results on society.
Clients became an essential component of expertise reviews. The essays during this quantity examine the inventive means of clients to form expertise in all stages, from layout to implementation. utilizing quite a few theoretical techniques, together with a feminist specialise in clients and use (in position of the normal emphasis on males and machines), suggestions from semiotics, and the cultural experiences view of intake as a cultural job, those essays research what clients do with expertise and, in flip, what expertise does to clients.
During this e-book, Richard W. Bulliet makes a speciality of 3 significant levels within the evolution of the wheel and their dating to the desires and goals of human society. He starts in 4000 B. C. E. with the 1st wheels affixed to axles. He then follows with the innovation of wheels turning independently on their axles and concludes 5 thousand years later with the caster, a unmarried rotating and pivoting wheel.
They are all here--every X-bomber and X-fighter for the reason that 1942. On October 2, 1942, the Bell XP-59 Airacomet soared up and clear of present-day Edwards AFB, launching the united states military Air Forces into the Jet Age. within the a number of many years considering, hundreds and hundreds of recent adaptations of experimental and attempt turbojet-powered bombers and fighters--X-bombers and X-fighters--have taken explosive flight.
- Technology in Early America: Needs and Opportunities for Study (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the University of North Carolina Press)
- Historical Dictionary of Science and Technology in Modern China (Historical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East)
- A Culture of Improvement: Technology and the Western Millennium (MIT Press)
- Time Restored: The Harrison timekeepers and R.T. Gould, the man who knew (almost) everything
- The Complete Book of the SR-71 Blackbird
Extra info for Adjusted Margin: Xerography, Art, and Activism in the Late Twentieth Century (MIT Press)
Adjusted Margin: Xerography, Art, and Activism in the Late Twentieth Century (MIT Press) by Kate Eichhorn